The City of Portage la Prairie offers tax payers the ability to prepay their taxes each year between January and June. 2016 Taxes may be prepaid up to 90 % of the previous year’s net tax levy in multiples of $10.00. The prepayment discount rates are as follows:
Taxes are at par for the month of July and penalties begin August 1st 2016 at a rate of 1.25% per month.
Know Your Payment Options! 2016 Property Tax Prepayment can be made in the following ways:
- Financial Institutions: payment can be made through Telephone Banking or Internet Banking. Allow sufficient time for your payment to be received by the City on or before the due date.
- Telpay: www.telpay.ca
- Mail: send a cheque or money order payable to City of Portage la Prairie.
- Post-Dated Cheque: cheque must be dated and received at City Hall by the due date
- In Person: payment may be made at City Hall Monday to Friday between 9 am and 4:30 pm (Interac debit card service is available)
- After Hours: a night deposit box is located on the East Front Door of City Hall.