The City of Portage la Prairie is committed to providing equal service to all citizens and visitors regardless of their abilities. We strive to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility and to meet the requirements of the “Accessibility for Manitobans Act”.
The City of Portage la Prairie is accessible in the following ways:
- E-services – The following services are available on-line:
- Utility bills can be debited directly from your bank account, monthly or quarterly
- The Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) can debit monthly installments from your bank account
- Bylaw violations (such as parking tickets) can be paid online
- Water turn on and turn off can be requested online
- Business Licences can be applied for online
- Utility, Taxes and Parking tickets can be paid by phone using Telpay @ 1-800-665-0302.
- If someone needs to attend City Hall and are unable to gain access, they can call 239-8309 to make other arrangements.
- All documentation we issue can be provided in readable formats on request, at no charge.
- The website already meets accessibility requirements, but we are currently creating a new website and app with a focus on accessibility. With the app, people will be able to easily access information as well as notify the City of issues that require service – potholes, snow removal issues, etc.
- Council meetings held at City Hall are streamed live and can be watched on our youtube channel. Should someone need to attend a council meeting (to speak at a hearing for example) and are unable to access the second floor of City Hall, then calling or skyping in could be options. Or, re-location of the meeting may be possible if enough notice is provided to the City.
- Public meetings and consultations are held at accessible sites when possible
- Operations is an accessible building, where the public can purchase waste tags, apply for various permits, and purchase memorial benches. The RCMP detachment and Fire Hall are also accessible buildings.
- All City staff who provide customer service are receiving accessibility training, in order to provide the best service possible. If you have any feedback on the City’s accessibility, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or 239-8337.
This information is available in alternate formats on request to email@example.com.