Portage la Prairie, Manitoba – September 25, 2015
The City of Portage la Prairie and the Portage Regional Recreation Authority (PRRA) wish to remind the public of permitted parking areas while attending programs and events at the PCU Centre.
Free public parking is available to PCU Centre visitors in the designated parking lots.
Parking is prohibited in the following places:
- Parking on the grass ($10 fine)
- Parking on the west side of Pelechaty Drive ($10 fine)
- Parking in a Fire Lane ($30 fine)
- Parking in the dumping station loop ($10 fine)
- Parking within 3 meters of a fire hydrant, crosswalk, intersection, or stop sign ($10 fine)
- Parking in a loading zone ($10 fine)
- Parking in a handicapped zone without proper permit displayed ($10 fine)
- Parking which exceeds the 30 minute maximum time limit located in front of the PCU Centre ($10 fine)
Effective Monday, September 28th, 2015, By-law Enforcement Officers will be patrolling the PCU Centre and actively enforcing parking violations. Drivers are encouraged to observe the permanent no parking signs in place to avoid enforcement measures.
The City of Portage la Prairie thanks all motorists in advance for their cooperation in observing the established parking restrictions.