With the possibility of a Canada Post labour disruption beginning in July, we want to remind the public that the City of Portage la Prairie offers a variety of payment options to ensure Utility payments are made on time and penalties are not incurred.
- Pre-Authorized Payment Plan – The City of Portage la Prairie offers the option of signing up for a pre-authorized payment plan of your utilities (the full bill amount withdrawn quarterly
- Budget Based Payment Plan – The City of Portage la Prairie offers a budget plan for utility payments (monthly, pre-authorized withdrawals of equal amounts from your financial institution
- TelPay – Direct Payment & e-payment options through TelPay.
- Paymentus – Pay your Bills ONLINE using VISA and Mastercard
- Telephone & Internet Banking – Search for “Portage la Prairie, City, Utilities” as a payee
- Deposit Box – There is an after-hours night deposit box is located on the east front door of City Hall
- In person – At City Hall Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
2016 Property taxes are due on July 29, 2016 and can be paid in the following ways:
- In Person via Cash, Cheque, Money Order or Interact
- Online via Telephone, Telpay or Internet Banking through your Financial Institute
To avoid penalty allow sufficient time for your online payment to be received by the City on or before the due date. Postdated Cheques via after hours night deposit box must be dated and received at City Hall by 4:30 p.m. July 29, 2016.
For your convenience, the City of Portage la Prairie offers a Tax Installment Payment Plan (T.I.P.P), Utility e-billing and Virtual City Hall.
- T.I.P.P. is an automatic bank withdrawal payment plan by which taxpayers make consecutive monthly payments for taxes rather than a single annual amount.
- Utility E-billing allows those who sign up receive their bills by e-mail (pdf version only) rather than by mail, which saves resources, reduces waste and saves extra costs.
- Virtual City Hall allows you to log in to your account and view your account balance, activity and history.
For more information on payment options, the TIPP program, and e-billing visit our website at http://www.city-plap.com/main/finance/ or call the Tax Department at 204-239-8308 or the Utility Department at 204-239-8370.