All vehicles hauling in waste are weighed and the tipping fees are applied in accordance with rates set by the Board.
2017 Tipping Fee Rates – PDF
2018 Tipping Fee Rates – PDF
Tarp and Strap All Loads
The Portage la Prairie Regional Landfill reminds you to take the time all of your waste makes it to the Landfill where it can be properly disposed of. The following reminders will help in accomplishing our goal of clean roadways:
- All loads must be tarped and strapped so that nothing comes loose on your way to the landfill.
- Monitor your load at all times and stop and secure your load if necessary.
- After unloading your waste, be sure all debris and nails are cleaned off and tail gates are closed before pulling away from the dumping area.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation in keeping Portage and area clean and a place we all can be proud of.
The Landfill will be enforcing a $25.00 penalty for untarped loads so please take the time to secure your load properly.
The site is prohibited from receiving hazardous wastes i.e., oil, any flammable products, and chemicals of any kind.
Appliances Containing Freon
The Portage la Prairie Regional Landfill will be implementing the following program and fees to ensure that all Appliances Containing Freon are handled properly.
- Appliances with Freon Removed: The new fee for disposal of appliances with Freon removed and ticketed by a licenced technician will be $9.00.
- Appliances with Freon: Any appliances without the Freon removed will be assessed a new fee of $45.00 for disposal at the Landfill.
- Examples of appliances containing Freon are: refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners, and water coolers
The Portage Landfill site operates pursuant to regulations under the Environment Act, Manitoba Regulation 150/91 and Operating Permit No RR-004
2016 Landfill Year End Report
2016 Financial Statements
2015 Landfill Year End Report
2015 Financial Statements
2014 Landfill Year End Report
2014 Financial Statements
Members of the Board
Irvine Ferris (Chair), Garth Asham (Vice-Chair), Kevin Blight, Wayne Wall, Liz Driedger, Larry Gibbs