Under the direction of the Utility Superintendent, the Supervisor has the Operator in Charge responsibility and is accountable for:
- Performing and supervising the operational duties and maintenance related to the wastewater treatment division.
- Maintaining and reporting operational and maintenance records to meet environmental license requirements.
- Training, supervising and evaluating the work of the operators and coordinating staff workload.
- Preparing budget and regulatory reports as required.
REQUIRED TO OPERATE EQUIPMENT SUCH AS:
Operation of treatment equipment including industrial and hand tools, air compressors, lifting device, SCBA, personal protective equipment, lab equipment, computer, operation of boom truck, light duty vehicle.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of Grade 12 and 2 years post-secondary diploma in an engineering, science or related field, plus 90 CEU’s in wastewater operations, engineering, science, or a related field.
- Province of Manitoba Class IV Certificate in Wastewater Treatment and Class II in Wastewater Collections.
- A minimum of 2 years of proven supervisory/leadership experience, preferably in a municipal setting, or an equivalent combination of related education and experience would be considered.
- Successful completion of courses and/or experience in budgeting, record keeping, and report writing
- Class 5 Province of Manitoba Driver’s license with air brake endorsement.
WAGE: $36.63 per hour as per CUPE agreement.
HOURS OF WORK: 7:30am to 4:30pm, one hour for lunch Monday to Friday. Required to work one weekend out of a 5 week rotation and carry a pager during this operating shift. Shift schedule may be subject to change.
SCOPE: The position falls within the Collective Bargaining Unit of CUPE Local 1002 and is subject to all terms and conditions of the collective agreement or subsequent amending agreements.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Please forward applications with the competition number 2017-01 to Human Resources Office, City of Portage la Prairie, 97 Saskatchewan Ave East, Portage la Prairie, MB, R1N 0L8, FAX (204) 239-1532.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.city.portage-la-prairie.mb.ca
Follow the link for complete position details: Water Treatment Supervisor Job Description
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.