The City of Portage la Prairie offers tax payers the ability to prepay their taxes each year between January and June.
Taxes may be prepaid up to 90% of the previous year’s net tax levy in multiples of $10.00. The prepayment discount rates are as follows:
- January 0.66%
- February 0.55%
- March 0.44%
- April 0.33%
- May 0.22%
- June 0.11%
Taxes are at par for the month of July and penalties begin August 1 at a rate of 1.25% per month.
2021 Property Tax Prepayment can be made in the following ways:
- Financial Institutions: payment can be made through telephone or internet banking. Allow sufficient time for your payment to be received by the City on or before the due date.
- Telpay: www.telpay.ca
- Mail: send a cheque or money order payable to City of Portage la Prairie.
- Post-Dated Cheque: cheque must be dated and received at City Hall by the due date
- In Person: (unavailable until Covid-19 restrictions lift) 9:00 a.m.—4:30 p.m. Mon-Fri at City Hall
- Any Time: a deposit box is located on the East Front Door of City Hall.
- eTransfer: a quick and convenient way to pay your property taxes. See website for details. (www.city-plap.com)