The City of Portage la Prairie is committed to maintaining essential services for our citizens, while balancing the health and safety of our employees and the public. We continue to closely monitor the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and will update our response as necessary.
For the most current information on public health orders, restrictions and guidance, visit Manitoba Government COVID-19 site at https://www.manitoba.ca/covid19/
Although some of our buildings are closed to the public, City staff are still able to assist you through email or over the phone. Contact Us or visit our E-Services
City Hall (97 Saskatchewan Ave E)
City Hall is open to the public, Monday to Friday between 9:00 am – 4:30 pm. To ensure the health and safety of our employees and the public, safety measures are in place. Entry to City Hall is through the west front doors and exit through the east front doors. Face masks are required. For people who prefer to conduct their business with us from home, we continue to offer a variety of e-services and online options. For all other inquiries please call the general line 204-239-8309.
Closed to the public except by appointment. Please call 204-239-8346 for assistance. Solid waste tags can be purchased from all corner stores (except 7-11), all grocery stores, MCC, and City Hall.
Closed to the public until further notice. The Fire Department is always accessible to the public in the event of an emergency, however, if your inquiry is of a general nature please consider contacting them by telephone at 204-239-8340 or email at email@example.com.
City Council Meetings
Council meetings are open to the public. We ask that you pre-register so we can ensure social distancing can be maintained. You can pre-register by calling 204-239-8337 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Meetings can be live-streamed or watched after the fact on the City of Portage la Prairie YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy2MKYDEsK_SRF2ByXIBcBw.
Delegations are required to register on the Wednesday prior to the meeting.
Bylaw Enforcement and Animal Control
Regular hours of operation are 9:00 am – 7:00 pm. Responding only to stray animals (Feral and outdoor calls) and emergency calls. Not going indoors to investigate, so as to minimize contact with people due to COVID – 19.
Pet licenses may be obtained by completing the Pet License Application online.
Latest News from City Hall regarding COVID-19
- June 23, 2021 – City Hall Re-Opens to the Public Effective June 28, 2021
- June 10, 2021 – City Hall Extends Closure until June 25, 2021
- May 28, 2021 – City Hall Closes to the Public Effective Monday May 31, 2021 for Two Weeks
- March 22, 2021 City Hall Re-Opens to the Public
- December 21, 2020 – City of Portage la Prairie Re-Opens Access to City Maintained Playground Equipment and Outdoor Rinks
- November 13, 2020 – City of Portage la Prairie closes City Owned and Operated Playground & Exercise Equipment
- November 10, 2020 – City Hall Closes to the Public Effective November 13, 2020
- May 22, 2020 – City Hall Re-Opens to the Public
- May 1, 2020 – City Restoring Access to City owned playground and exercise equipment
- April 14, 2020 – Financial Assistance Measures due to COVID-19 Impact
- April 10, 2020 – E-Transfer available as New Payment Option
- March 25, 2020 – City of Portage la Prairie Prohibits Access to City Maintained Playground Equipment
- March 17, 2020 – City of Portage la Prairie COVID-19 Response
- March 13, 2020 – City extends deadline for Free Pet Licenses
- March 13, 2020 – City of Portage la Prairie COVID-19 Response
Get the Facts on COVID-19
We encourage all members of the public to visit www.gov.mb.ca/covid19, which is being updated daily by the Province of Manitoba. Health-related questions or concerns about COVID-19 (coronavirus) can be directed to Health Links – Info Santé at 204-788-8200 or 1-888-315-9257.