Portage Regional Landfill
Site Manager: Robert Pohl
Portage la Prairie Regional Landfill
About the Portage la Prairie Landfill
Residents may deliver waste to the Portage la Prairie Regional Landfill site located 12 km north of the City on PR 240 and 15 km east on PR 227. Effective January 1, 2022, Tipping Fees of $50.00 per metric tonne apply to all City Residents and all Commercial Users within the RM of Portage. Tipping Fees for all users outside the Rural Municipality are $85.00 per metric tonne. A $10 per metric tonne provincial Waste Reduction and Recycling Support Levy has applied to most waste deposited in the landfill.
Hours of Operation
- November 1 to March 31 – Monday to Saturday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
- April 1 to October 31 – Monday to Saturday, 8:30 am to 6:00 pm
- Closed Sundays & All Statutory Holidays
- 2022 Landfill Fees & Charges – All vehicles hauling in waste are weighed and the tipping fees are applied in accordance with rates set by the Board.
- Tarp and Strap All Loads – The Landfill will be enforcing a $60.00 penalty for untarped loads.
- Prohibited Waste – The site is prohibited from receiving hazardous wastes (ex. oil, flammable products, chemicals of any kind)
- There is no trespassing and no hunting allowed on the Landfill site. Your cooperation in helping to keep the customers and staff of the Landfill safe is appreciated.
- Appliances Containing Freon
The Portage la Prairie Regional Landfill Authority operates the development as a Class 1 Waste Disposal Ground pursuant to regulations under the Environment Act, Manitoba Regulation 37/2016 and Environment Act Licence No. 3278.
Member of the Board
Doug McAuley (Chair), Sharilyn Knox (Vice-Chair), Wayne Wall, Preston Meier, Roy Tufford, and Garth Asham