Applications are now being accepted for the position of Part Time Fire Fighter.
Qualifications are as follows:
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- Completed Grade 12 or equivalent (GED).
- Require a valid Class 4 Manitoba Driver’s License with Air Endorsement, or obtain within three (3) months.
- Must successfully complete the ICS 100 online course within six (6) months.
- Requires Standard First Aid with Level C – CPR (Emergency Medical Responder is preferred) or be able to obtain within six (6) months.
- Must reside within 2 miles (3.2 km) of the City of Portage la Prairie’s corporate limits.
- Must be able to commit to carrying a pager and be available on call for emergency calls.
- Fire Fighting & Training Rate of Pay $19.72 per hour.
Please forward application to:
Human Resources, City of Portage la Prairie,
97 Saskatchewan Avenue East,
Portage la Prairie, MB R1N 0L8
Applications must be received by 4:30pm FRIDAY April 16th, 2021 and marked “PT FIRE FIGHTER”.
We thank all applicants for applying, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.