July to October 2022
The City of Portage la Prairie is accepting resumes for the position of Rod Person for the 2022 season. Under the general supervision of the Engineering Technologist, the Rod Person provides technical support in obtaining survey information and assists in testing, record keeping and equipment maintenance. Duties would include:
- Provides survey measurement readings and alignments.
- Provides the staking and grading on surveys for construction and engineering projects.
- Maintains all survey equipment and vehicles in a clean operational condition.
- Maintains an adequate supply of materials in the survey vehicle.
- Assists with testing services such as compaction, asphalt, concrete, and gravel tests.
- Assists with record keeping.
- Performs light maintenance duties for Engineering Division facilities.
Qualifications include completion of Grade 12 plus an additional vocational program of up to one year.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with ½ hour for lunch.
The wage for this position is $21.31 per hour. This is a unionized position and is subject to all terms and conditions of the collective agreement or subsequent amending agreements.
Please forward resumes to the attention of the Human Resources Officer, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at City Hall, 97 Saskatchewan Ave. East, Portage la Prairie. Applications must be received not later than 4:30 pm on Wednesday June 29, 2022 and marked Competition # 2022-02.
The City of Portage la Prairie is committed to an inclusive, barrier free environment and will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Accessibility for Manitobans Act (AMA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those advancing in the competition will be contacted. If contacted to participate in the process, please advise if you require an accommodation.